[Asterisk-Users] How to detect AGI script failure?

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Nov 4 07:12:46 MST 2005

Alex Hutton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the list so I hope I'm asking the question in the right
> place.  In our extensions.conf, we call an AGI script using the AGI
> command.
>
> e.g.
>
> exten => 11,1,Answer
> exten => 11,2,Wait(0.5)
> exten => 11,3,Playback(welcome1)
> exten => 11,4,agi(agi://192.168.1.88/hello.agi?src=test|${CALLERID})
>

> If for some reason, the AGI script fails to run (e.g. our AGI prog isn't
> running), can we detect it and direct the call to a pre-recorded message?

What I personally would do is first set a variable before you run the agi
(i.e. completionstatus to "beforerun") then run the AGI.  Once inside the AGI,
set the variable for completion status.  I.E. you could have ran well, failed
with x etc etc.  Then on the next priority, you can check this variable and
via gotoif for the various statuses (including "beforerun" which would mean
that the AGI didn't run at all).

While this doesn't exactly answer your question, it is the best way to use
multiple statuses.

Make sense?

--
Cheers,