[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel: Hz != 1000 causing ztdummy compilationerror?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 4 05:00:26 MST 2005

On Tue, 1980-01-01 at 09:11 -0800, Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com/
wrote:
> A jiffy is a kernel timer, this affects many thing in the kernel.  Linux for as long as I know uses 1000hz.  I am really surprised this failed on fc4.  Ztdummy uses this as a base for timing, particularly with meetme and tdmoe.  If its not high enough quality may be degraded.
>
> As for what you tried, you tried to adjust the realtime clock, which is slightly different.
>
> What kernel version are you using?

The kernelversion is 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 on x86_64. I just tried to build
the same zaptel on a i686 FC4 box (same kernel version) and it built just
fine. The only difference between the two (besides the obvious) is that
the x86_64 is booted with "no_timer_check" to prevent the clock/time
from going way faster than it should. When booting the kernel there is a
messages that says "8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC".

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Patrick

ps. the date on your email said Jan 1, 1980.