[Asterisk-Users] How to configure Asterisk through webmin

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Thu Nov 3 12:13:19 MST 2005

On Thu, November 3, 2005 17:46, nr k said:
> Hi all
> I configured asterisk and webmin.i dont know how to
> integrate webmin with asterisk and how to access
> asterisk
> through webmin.pls do the needful.
>
> regards
> ramakrishnan.n

Asterisk is not managed through webmin. Webmin is a tool to help
administer the rest of the server.

There is supposedly a third party webmin module for Asterisk, but I have
not yet been able to get webmin to accept, install and execute it...
(Haven't put much time in, as AMP does a great job IMHO)

If you're starting with Asterisk, it may be helpful to use a dedicated
distro like Asterisk at Home (http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net)
Be careful though, as once you press enter on the boot prompt, it will
wipe the primary harddisk, install CentOS and reboot, after which it will
automatically compile Asterisk and it's modules.

Once it is back up, you have a running Asterisk installation, complete
with AMP and other gadgets...

Good luck!

--
Francesco Peeters