[Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Thu Nov 3 09:35:56 MST 2005

New problem......
now iaxmodem is up, started via inittab.
but it does not work...
Could it be a user problem ?
Currently I have:

  5977
                        uucp
                                             0.0 %
                                                                   17:12
               /usr/local/sbin/faxq
  5979
                        uucp
                                             0.0 %
                                                                   17:12
               /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
  6891
                        root
                                             0.0 %
                                                                   17:20
               /usr/local/bin/iaxmodem ttyIAX
  6974
                        uucp
                                             0.0 %
                                                                   17:20
               /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX

3 processes are owned by uucp, but iaxmodem is owned by root. Actually I am
not able to understand why .
The result is that iax peer does not register with asterisk

Could anybody help me ?

Andrea

             asterisk at frameweb
             .it
             asterisk-users-bo         Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             unces at lists.digiu         Non-Commercial Discussion
             m.com                     <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
                                                                        cc

             03/11/2005 17.06                                      Subject
                                       Re: [Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

I succed in configuring hylafax and iaxmodem, everything is OK now.

The only problem was the following:

if I start manually, as root,

/usr/local/bin/iaxmodem ttyIAX
/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX

and then start hylafax server everything is OK

If I try to add to /etc/inittab
IAX:2345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/iaxmodem ttyIAX
modem:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX

and then restart the server (or just the init via init -q or kill -HUP 1),
the iaxmodem starts, but faxgetty doesn't

Actually I discovered the problem:

modem is too long (at least for SUSE), maximum is 4 character
if I change to

mo:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX

is OK

Andrea

             "Julian J. M."
             <julianjm at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/10/2005 17.25          Re: [Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

For hylafax to answer a call, you need to use faxgetty.. Add this 2
lines to your /etc/inittab  and run   "init q"  to force a reload:

IAX:2345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/iaxmodem ttyIAX
modem:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX

Change the paths according to your system.

Julian J. M.

On 10/25/05, asterisk at frameweb.it <asterisk at frameweb.it> wrote:
> Probably you are right
>
> I installed hylafax and configured it to use iaxmodem, but I didn't start
> it
> Now I will research how to start hylafax, and I will try again
>
> Andrea
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Chi ricevesse questa mail per errore e' gentilmente pregato di cancellarla.

Visitate il sito http://www.frameweb.it

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: