[Asterisk-Users] Possible Issue With Meetme Conferencing in 1.2.0b2 and latest CVS HEAD (02/11/2005)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Nov 3 07:28:16 MST 2005

> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 14:16 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > That's odd. I just checked our meetme using two C7960's and an external
> > Zap (pstn) call, and all worked as expected. Using cvs-head from early
> > morning Nov 1 on fc3 with analog TDM04 card.
>
> Iirc to recreate the delay issue you have to use a mix of zap/sip/iax
> phones and turn on meetme enter/leave sounds and other sound generating
> stuff like name announcing. Dunno if this has been fixed recently but
> that sure would be great.

In a test we did earlier this week (after updating to cvs-head), we ran
 - analog phone through spa3k, registering with a distant *, and iax into
   our * system where the meetme conference was dialed
 - two local Cisco 7960's running v7.1 sip firmware
 - one analog phone called in via the pstn through a TDM04 card.

All joined the meetme conference, enter/leave sounds occurred as expected
for each, and audio was good.

I don't think I'd call our tests very exhaustive as we were simply trying
to validate functionality of the newly updated * code. I don't have a
clue whether the same quality would have been observed had a bunch more
connections been made to the meetme. But, with the above combination, it
did function and we could carry on a solid meetme conference.

Rich