[Asterisk-Users] Multiple zaphfc cards (for ISDN BRI) in a single machine

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Thu Nov 3 04:42:30 MST 2005

Steve Davies wrote:
> I would suggest using a pair of 4-port cards. The interrupts alone
> from 5 PCI cards would kill most boxes. There is also an octo-card,

You also have the BeroNet cards (http://www.beronet.com), exists in 4
and 8 ports. (BN4S0 - 4 S0 interface card)

They are almost identical to the Junghanns cards. At the moment I have
got experience with the Junghanns cards only.

The 'big' difference is the way the cards work. You can use the BeroNet
driver, wich uses (2.6 only) mISDN and chan_capi, or the Junghanss-way,
wich uses Zaptel. (a modified version, you should use their patches)

The only disadvantage I find the Junghanns card has, the driver is not
updated to *-v1.2 (or cvs). But this will change when 1.2 is released of
course.

A + for both cards: you can get them pretty easy in europe, prices are
almost the same for the 2.

Please let us know your personal choice/results.

Cheers!