[Asterisk-Users] Queue Strategy problem or advice

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Nov 2 17:13:46 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using * 1.2b2, however, what I'm about to describe also happens
to me in 1.0.7 and 1.0.9.

I use AddQueueMember to add stations to my queues and I don't have
any agents defined in agents.conf.

What I noticed is that whenever my queue strategy is something other
than ringall, when calls come in large volume, the stay in the queue
and are not distributed to all the stations even though they are
logged in and ready to accept calls. When I change the strategy to
ringall, all the stations ring and the calls are rapidly de-queued.

Is this a feature/problem because I use AddQueueMember? What is the
recommended queue strategy so that all my stations receive a fair
distribution of calls when using AddQueueMember?

Thanks,
Waldo