[Asterisk-Users] OS for ABE

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Nov 2 12:57:59 MST 2005

CentOS 3 and RHEL3 are supposed to be binarily compatible :)  I'm not
sure how much things have changed between versions 3 and 4.  seems glibc
or some other important aspect might have changed, but if that's the
case, shouldn't compat libraries be able to be installed in CentOS 4?

I'm currently using CentOS 4 with asterisk 1.2.0b1, and install and
configuration was pretty painless.  And since (IIRC) A at H uses centos 3,
I am (possibly wrongly) led to believe that asterisk can be made to work
on either version.

Moj

Eric Alexander wrote:
> We are setting up ABE for a client of ours. This is not our first
> Asterisk install, far from it, but it is our first time using ABE. Here
> is the problem, ABE only supports Fedora 3 and Red Hat EL3, we typically
> use CentOS. Our problem with this scenario is that RHEL3 is an old
> release, we would rather use 4 if we have to, and we have not had good
> experiences with Fedora. We tried to use Fedora but we are running into
> some problems with our SCSI card.
>
> What distro do most people use with ABE?
>
> What happens if we use CentOS? Will it render our ABE purchase useless?

> Eric Alexander
> Senior IT Systems Consultant
> The Uptime Group, Inc.
> (303) 757-4611, Ext. 402