[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-biz] Asterisk as a Voice Conference Server

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Nov 2 12:51:25 MST 2005

Iain Barker Wrote:
-----------------
>Our experience with over 10 or more participants
>in a single Asterisk conference was that quality
>degraded quite rapidly.

Is this really true as there were many in this list
who had confirmed that they have used the conference
bridge for a lot more connections than what you have
Suggested as the upper limit.

Logically the conference bridge should work at the
same capacity as the number of calls Asterisk can
handle in a given configuration.

Though your solution looks impressive and probably is
the best for upto 30 simultaneous calls, I am more
interested in knowing what it takes for Asterisk to be
able to handle the 100 channels I need to run
Simultaneously.

Seshu Kanuri