[Asterisk-Users] Zap Polarity Reversal

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Nov 2 12:43:30 MST 2005

Its not an issue, but a notice. Since I don't see it here with a TDM card,
I can only guess that its one of two things:
 - your telco line is providing tip/ring reversal for answer supervision, or,
 - your tip/ring connection to the pstn in reversed.

Since the chipset on the TDM fxo module automatically handles tip/ring
connections in either direction, best guess is that its the first item.

You can verify that by placing a regular voltmeter on the tip/ring pair
and watching it while placing a call.