[Asterisk-Users] Time based call direction

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Wed Nov 2 12:28:13 MST 2005

Rene Nelson wrote:
> I would like to manipulate phone call direction to voicemail for lunch,
> after hours etc, but am unsure how to do this.  Could someone point me
> to a howto or quickly explain the concept?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neri

Hi Neri,

The command GotoIfTime() if your answer here.

See http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+GotoIfTime for more info.

Now, assuming we are talking about a situation with say one main
voicemail extension to collect messages from callers calling the main
company number....

....The call comes in....then do a gotoiftime to branch to two places:
first place is normal, second place is "lunchtime".

Now, for each of these, first play an appropriate message with the
Playback command, then record the message left using the voicemail
command with the "s" option. The s option means "play nothing", so
basically you aren't using the built-in outgoing messages that the
voicemail system has and instead will have first used some custom
message via the playback function

e.g.

exten => 4321,111,Playback(lunchtime)
exten => 4321,112,voicemail,s12345

where 12345 is your "main" voicemail box. 4321 and 111/112 are also just
numbers picked at random for use in this example.

See http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Voicemail for more info
on using voicemail in this way.

Faris.