[Asterisk-Users] firmware update polycom 500 / dial problem

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 11:29:16 MST 2005

Morel Mosolff wrote:

>Hi,
>
>sorry - I know that problem is not directly related to asterisk but mabe
>someone can help anyway.
>
>After updating our polycom ip 500 sip phones from 2.6.1. to 2.6.2.0032 it is
>mostly not possible to dial numbers with leading zeros like 0018...
>If you do so you see on the diplay an number like that: 1800 an the cursor is
>on the first position.
>But if you dial the number (press the buttons) without lifting the handset
>everything is ok...strange
>
>Thank you for any help,
>
>morel

Check out the digitmap in sip.cfg for the phone.  This is the default:

dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT"

You'll notice there is no match for 00.  You can either modify this to
include a pattern that starts with 00 or disable this completely by setting:

dialplan dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling="3"

If you do this you will always have to hit the 'send' key to send the
digits to the server.

More info is in the polycom admin guide.

Cheers,
Kevin