[Asterisk-Users] Re: Anyone aware of a current Dell server model with 3PCI slots

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:20:31 MST 2005

> >We have a poweredge 2850 that we use for our VoIP server and it has 3 PCI slots.

> I'm greeting to hear this. I have installed some Digium cards into this
> kind of servers.
> I get surprised when the slots pci gets shared IRQ with ethernet
> devices, raid controller or VGA card.
> Anybody knows how get unshare the IRQ of the slots pci ? (firmware,
> update, some special BIOS configuration,...)
> We answered Dell with no response.

I can't say that I've had this problem with the 2850 we have.   I also
can't take the server down to look at it right now, however we just
got another digium card which I need to put in at some point over the
next few days, so I'll be taking it down sometimes soon.

As far as sharing, make sure you have disabled everything you don't
need.... USB, SERIAL, PARALLEL, etc.

You can then set the PCI IRQ in the BIOS, I believe.

           CPU0       CPU1
  0:  584222710  584230408    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:          0          7    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          0          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:          0          2    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 38:    6712019    8751310   IO-APIC-level  megaraid
 48:  318573642         37   IO-APIC-level  eth0
 77: 1014625786 2080170691   IO-APIC-level  t1xxp