[Asterisk-Users] How to bridge fax from pri to fxs

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Nov 2 09:31:08 MST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 11:17, Kevin Hanson wrote:
> I have a TE110P and a TDM10B.  Via DID, I want to route calls to the fax
> number to the fxs port to which the fax machine will be connected.

> Do I need to set "faxdetect=both" in zapata.conf?

> I am assuming that Asterisk will bridge between the two cards and that
> the usual fax over IP won't be a factor.

the 'faxdetect' parameter does one thing and one thing only: when a fax tone
is heard, Asterisk will jump to the 'fax' extension in the channel's context.
If you are using a specific DID for faxes you don't need that at all.

exten => 1234567,1,Dial(Zap/g2,,g)
exten => 1234567,2,Macro(handle-hangup)

is how I'd do it.

I'd define your PRI channels in group 1, and your FXS ports that the fax
machine(s) are hooked up to in group 2.  If you only want one fxs port for
one fax machine, then say Dial(Zap/25) or whatever zapata port the fxs
machine's on.

Works like a charm for me, anyway.

-A.