[Asterisk-Users] extension

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Wed Nov 2 07:55:43 MST 2005

If the two phones are going to have the same extension its just a matter
of wiring two phones to one port on the sipura unit.

If you disconnect the telco service from your house's internal phone
wiring and plug one of the Sipura ports into a phone jack, that sipura
device will provide power and dial tone to the rest of the phone jacks
in the house.

So if you really only want to have 1 extension, I would find where the
line from the telco connects to the house's internal wiring and
disconnect it, then run that line straight to your asterisk box.  Then
after making sure there's no dial tone on any of your phone jacks,
connect the sipura box to one of them.  Then there should be dial tone
on all of them.

Wiring would go like this:
telco service -----> asterisk -----> SIP adapter -------> house wiring
-------> phones