[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as an internal pbs for a samall company

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 2 06:08:37 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:58 +0100, Olivier Taylor wrote:
> Well,
>
> U right, many missing informations.
>
> The case is quite simple(I guess), we have dids, and each call to these dids
> has to be routed to the right handset thru Asterisk, no Ivr at this time, at
> least an answering machine in case of busy or not available users.
> For the rest, we need to be able to have external calls to pstn, or even to
> other sip phones form other providers.
> Is that enough?

Not for 100% setup, but enoughto at least get you started. From what I
understand this is what it appears you want (I may be wrong, if I am let
me know).

You will want voicemail for each user.  This is configured in
voicemail.conf
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+voicemail.conf

You will need to edit sip.conf for the voip provider (register and
context) and if the office workers use sip to asterisk one for each of
them as well.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+sip.conf

Lastly you will want to create a dialplan so that when a call comes in
from the DID it will then dial the appropriate user and if busy/no
answer goto voicemail.  This is done from extensions.conf.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

You may want a macro like:
[macro-dialvmb]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20,t)
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u${ARG2})
exten => s,3,Hangup
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b${ARG2})
exten => s,103,Hangup

Then for each inbound DID something like:
exten => 18005551212,1,Macro(dialvmb,SIP/user1,1234)

where user1 is the user defined in sip.conf, 1234 is the voicemail
extension defined in voicemail.conf and 18005551212 is the extension
that a given did goes to (ie last part of the register line).

Hope this helps

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378