[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as an internal pbs for a samall company

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 2 05:48:17 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:36 +0100, Olivier Taylor wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We'd like to use asteriek as an internal pbx connected to an external sip
> provider to make outbound/inbound calls to pstn.
> We have the provider and have installed an asterisk at the office.
> Does anyone have a sample config?
>
> We need 25 telephone numbers(dids), to be registerd to the provider and be
> able to ceceive calls.
>
> Any advice is welcome.
>
> Sorry for the noob question,
>
> Olivier

What you want to do depends largely on what you want to do.  While that
seems like a cylic statement I will try to explain.  You have said that
you want to route calls between your asterisk box and the PSTN via a
VoIP provider that you have.  So far that seems simple, but how are
those calls going to go bewteen the office workers and asterisk?  You
will need configurations for that.  How are the inbound calls going to
be routed?  Via an IVR?  Well you will have to configure that.  There is
a lot of information that is missing from this setup.

www.voip-info.org has a lot of asterisk examples including configuration
files.  You may find something there that does what you want.

I cant easily help you solve this problem (and suspect that no one else
can either) until you provide more information on exactly what you
want.

If you wish to discuss this offl ist feel free to email me directly.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378