[Asterisk-Users] is it possible to connect to Asterisk from an external application?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Nov 2 03:29:51 MST 2005

Is it possible to connect to Asterisk from an external application?

What I mean, to connect and "execute" its own extensions, created by
some other program:

exten => 1234567,1,txfax(/home/steveu/testfax.tif|caller)

or

exten => $NUMBER_I_WANT,1,txfax($FILE_I_WANT|caller)

and Asterisk will dial this number and "execute" these extensions.

If it's possible, how do I do it or where can I read more about it?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org