[Asterisk-Users] server hardware

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Tue Nov 1 18:44:40 MST 2005

We ship multiple Dell servers every week. Haven't tested the new cards but
generally you're fine with Digium T1 if you limit yourself to one card per
server. When we are less than T1, we use an external SIP gateway.

Redundency depends on your attitude towards cost and risk. If you have
bandwidth and the expertise to have the servers fail over to one another,
your servers can provide redundency if you use an n+1 strategy. If the
servers need to stand on their own, you are replacing very expensive Nortel
with very cheap hardware so why stint on an extra $300 power supply and RAID
1?

   _____