[Asterisk-Users] Echo on TDM - Solved!

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Tue Nov 1 19:05:22 MST 2005

Hello!

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned echo issues I was having.  It turns out
that the echo was only happening for the first 30 seconds or so, so the
echo cancellers *were* working, just not training well.  I wish they had
told me that 2 weeks ago!  So, over the weekend, I made two changes:

1) Updated to latest CVS HEAD (from about 3-4 weeks ago), BUT left KB1 as
the echo canceller
        I actually thought I had updated it to MG2, but when I checked
zconfig.h, it looks like I didn't!

2) Changed echotraining=yes to echotraining=800

And for the last two days, the users have reported no echo.  They are much
happier.  I thought I'd share.

Now, I have a *bad* distortion problem.  I will put that in a separate
e-mail.

Tim Massey