[Asterisk-Users] inband dtmf on ploycom ip501?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Nov 1 15:18:04 MST 2005

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
> Add the line as under to your sip.conf entry.
>
> Progressinband=no
> ;progressinband=never   - is erroneous
>
> Seshu Kanuri

If that's your problem then just increase the DTMF length Asterisk sends.

/path/to/src/zaptel/digits.h

Change:
   #define DEFAULT_DTMF_LENGTH     250 * 8
To:
   #define DEFAULT_DTMF_LENGTH     450 * 8

Changing it to 350 is one of our standard patches to Zaptel that we use
internally.

This does not solve the problem when you do not control the Asterisk
server that connects to the PSTN, of course.