[Asterisk-Users] 2 AgentCallbackLogin Questions

Rajkumar S rajkumars at asianetindia.com
Tue Nov 1 14:04:14 MST 2005

Hi,

We have a small callcenter with about 5 agents, logging in via SIP
(SJPhone) using AgentCallbackLogin and incoming calls via Zap. I am
running Asterisk 1.0.9-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC8h (Rapid Distribution)

Some times some agents forget to logout when they go and when the next
person comes in, he logins with his username, while the old login
persists. When an incoming call comes in while all agents are busy *
assumes that the forgotten login is free and tries to send the call
there. This is wrong behavior. In order to prevent this situation is it
possible to deny logging in from a SIP device if some one else is also
logged in ? Possibly telling that Agent no blah blah is logged in already.

Second problem happens when some times the windows machines used by
agents freezes. Once the machine freezes the agents reboot the machine.
The problem is if they were on call while the machine froze the Zap
channel does not gets hanged up and even otherwise the Agent will not be
able to Log back again. When this happens I soft hangup any Zap or Local
channel associated with the SIP device, and agents will be able to log
back again. Is there any way to clear all channels associated with a sip
channel with out using the soft hangup ? Basically I want agents to call
a particular number if their machine hangs and that should clear all
dead channels and agent also should be logged out. The agent can log
back again after this.

Thanks for reading my rant and any help will be much appreciated.

raj