[Asterisk-Users] Slightly OT: Cisco 7960/7940 and Asterisk Registration Issues ove r a WAN

Geoff Manning gmanning at zoom.com
Tue Nov 1 13:10:23 MST 2005

We are using Cisco 7960 and 7940 phones to connect to a remote Asterisk
server over DSL. They work fine from boot up but after half a day they stop
registering. They are set to register every 60 seconds. They need to be
rebooted in order to register again. When we look at the log on the modem we
see loads of SIP port limit exceeded errors. We have gone through a few
modems (Cenexant and Zoom modems).

Is anybody using such a setup as I've described? Or any hard IP phone to a
remote asterisk server via DSL? If so, what modem are you using?

Thanks,
Geoff