[Asterisk-Users] MTP required for CCM integration ?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Nov 1 12:18:27 MST 2005

Comments inline

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Patrick Zwahlen
Sent: Mon 10/31/2005 5:41 AM
To: Dan Austin
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] MTP required for CCM integration ?

> Hey Dan, and thanks a lot for your answer regarding Cisco CCM and MTP. I
> will continue my tests, and maybe give a try to the patch you
> mentionned. However, this will probably be too "cutting edge" for the
> project ;-) I have a few questions, though:

> - You mention that Cisco indicates that any H323 trunk with advanced
> features needs an MTP. Can you point me to the place where you found
> this ? Because as far as I can tell, this is not true for a trunk to a
> Cisco gateway.

Cisco introduced this requirement when 4.0 was released.  I have only
found it documented in the 4.X release notes.  As far as the H323 trunk
to the Cisco gateways, well I suspect Cisco has a way of handling that.
I prefer not to use MTP resources.  The Async patch solves the only
issue I had with ANY of the trunking methods betweek CCM and *,
which was disconnects during transfer/hold without the MTP.

> - I have tested ooh323c from Asterisk-Addons. Reading what you wrote, I
> should have better luck with the Sourceforge version...

The ooh323c mailling list just had an announcement for a new release,
but the * channel driver has lagged a bit and needs to be updated.

> - From your experience, do you feel that a clean CCM<->* integration is
> possible ? I am currently interested in simple feature (MoH, transfers,
> maybe Call Park). A friend of mine is working on the voicemail (unity)
> replacement/integration.

I would say yes.  I am using * for services and not PBX functions. I
can get calls into * from SCCP phones and our H323 gateways.

> Thanks again for you quick support, and sorry for my late answer !

No problem, I hope it helps.
Dan