[Asterisk-Users] Delays in sip invites.

Ivan Cetta icetta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:59:21 MST 2005

Hi all.

We are having some strange behaviors in our asterisk box. A Dual p4 Xeon
3ghz, with 2gb of ram and a a digium TE410p card.

The system is an Asterisk V 1.0.9 with Unicall 0.0.2c (Argentina variant) to
interconnect with an Alcatel pbx and to the pstn.

It has an average of 10 concurrent calls with several queues with statics
agents all of them. (an average of 24 agents logued in sip atas, an
audiocodes mp-124)

The problem is that Randomly we are having some delays when the application
dial is executed in the dialplan, trying to call to a sip where the agent is
logued in. Debuging we found that the invite request to the sip ata
sometimes takes from 20 seconds to 1 minute to be sended.(checked with
ethereal).The system never goes more than 30 % of cpu usage, and when this
happens, we noticed that the load average is always over 1, even when the
cpus are 99% idle and there is no other process running in background, only
asterisk.
Also, we checked that there is no packet loss and that the digium card isn't
producing spikes.

Anyone have ideas of what is happening?
Regards.
Ivan Cetta.