[Asterisk-Users] mesreading echocancel vs. echocancelwhenbridged?

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Tue Nov 1 09:33:27 MST 2005

I want no echo can on Zap to Zap bridge, but I do want on Zap to Sip bridge.

Zap to Zap is called Native bridge.
Zap to Sip, I never see a bridge created, but I do get "Bridge stops
bridging channels SIP/5665-1b6f and Zap/25-1" on hangup.

I am trying this on both Zap spans:
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

My assumption was echocancel=no would keep all ZAP calls echo can off.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes would turn on echo can for non native bridges.

I must be wrong, or echocancelwhenbridged=yes requires echocancel=yes first,
because I do not see any echo can turning on at all now.

Please advise if I can get echo can off with Zap to Zap bridge, but have
echo can on with Zap to Sip bridge.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.