[Asterisk-Users] Fresh checkout Zaptel will not compile?

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Tue Nov 1 06:45:25 MST 2005

Hi all..

I just setup a test box with Debian running kernel 2.6.
Went to CVS and did a checkout of the new beta 2 release
using the command:  cvs checkout -r v1-2-0-beta2 zaptel
libpri asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds.

I then compiled libpri fine and moved on to zaptel. Did a
make clean then make install and get the following error:

/bin/sh: line 1: [: argument expected
make -C  SUBDIRS=/usr/src/zaptel modules
make: *** SUBDIRS=/usr/src/zaptel: No such file or
directory.  Stop.
make: *** [linux26] Error 2
hecate:/usr/src/zaptel#

I am not up to speed on make or its errors, but it looks
like to me that it is complaining about /usr/src/zaptel
not being there or that modules is missing. AS you can see
from the last line there is a /usr/src/zaptel directory.
Or is it something with my 2.6 kernel and a modules
directory or something.

Have never gotten this error before, that is why I am
asking for help.

Robert