[Asterisk-Users] HELP PLEASE: What A Pain RSA

OTR Comm otrcomm at isp-systems.com
Tue Nov 1 00:25:33 MST 2005

Hello Kevin,

> If your keys have passphrases, then you must run the 'init keys' CLI
> command to enter the passphrase before the keys can be loaded.
>
> It's much simpler to just not use passphrases and instead protect your
> private key every other way that you can :-)

Yeah I rebuilt my keys without a passphrase, but I still can't get the
two boxes to register.

On one box called pbx1 (xxx.xxx.xxx.2), I have in iax.conf:

[general]
register => pbx1:[pbx1]@xxx.xxx.xxx.3
[pbx1too]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=rsa
inkeys=pbx1too
outkeys=pbx1
username=pbx1too
context=outgoing

Where the keys for pbx1 are pbx1.pub and pbx1.key, and a copy of
pbx1too.pub is in /var/lib/asterisk/keys/

And then on another box called pbx1too (xxx.xxx.xxx.3), in the iax.conf:

[general]
register => pbx1too:[pbx1too]@xxx.xxx.xxx.2
[pbx1]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=rsa
inkeys=pbx1
outkeys=pbx1too
username=pbx1
context=incoming

Where the keys for pbx1too are pbx1too.pub and pbx1too.key, and a copy
of pbx1.pub is in /var/lib/asterisk/keys/

I can't see anything wrong with this, but I have been at it for more
hours than I want to think about right now :)

Hope you can!

Got another problem involving D-channels that go away and calls get
dropped, then the D-channels come back and the B-channels get rebuilt.
Only on PRI -> SIP calls, but, one problem at a time.

Thanks for looking,

Murrah Boswell