[Asterisk-Users] Google Summer Of Code

Marie asteriskdump at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:37:03 MST 2005

So far the list of "mentor" organizations are some of the larger
players in the open source community, but surely among the Asterisk
community we could come up with a convincing proposal for Google to
allow some faction of the community to "mentor" some student projects?

The Gnome project lists fixes to the mail client and desktop artwork
as potential projects -- so surely we can come up with something
useful to a broad enough audience to get Google's support? Surely
someone on the list has written enough grant proposals that they can
put together a quick convincing email to Google?

According to the website, it's not too late to apply to be a mentor
organization.

Just wishful thinking that perhaps it might be cheap (free) incentive
to get the ball rolling on some more Asterisk development. It doesn't
look like Google would allow someone like Digium to be the mentor,
though (since they imply that the $500 the organization receives is a
donation).

http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html