[Asterisk-Users] SIP Authentication problem between Cisco router and Asterisk when calls are forwarded

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue May 31 13:00:45 MST 2005

I think good practise is
* Not confuse [peer] names in sip.conf with extension numbers
  (as you have learned). Extensions will match several peers
  some times, and when using trunks, it will cause problems.
  It is also much easier if the peer is a name and an extension
  is a number. (But I might be a confused person... :-)

* Do not use "-" hyphens in peer names (will confuse some hint/device
  management for manager and sip subscriptions

You might also want to add a peer as the *last* entry in SIP conf with a
host= entry that matches the IP of the peers SIP proxy. THat way, we'll
match that one on IP number. But of course, if you have users with the
same user name part before the @, we will match (as you've noticed).

Any others that have recommendations on naming peers and users?

Good luck!

/Olle

----
Astricon - the Asterisk User's conference - Madrid June 15-17
http://www.astricon.net/europe/ - Register today!