[Asterisk-Users] rxfax application - doesn't work properly

Marcin Kuczera asterisk-users at poczta.rybnik.pl
Tue May 31 10:18:11 MST 2005

hi,
I am on fax-to-email system, basically taken from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Fax+to+email

well, it seems that asterisk causes some problems so that it is impossible
to send any fax.
I.e. when I try to send a fax to asterisk (rxfax application):
normalFax--->FXS(TDM400P)--->Asterisk(RxFax) it breakes up the trasmission
at the beginning of sending page.
The code given by panasonic fax is 41 - however I have no idea what it means
because it is a service code for authorized services.

when I tried to send fax via asterisk:
normalFax--->FXS(TDM400P)---->ISDN(HFC-S)---normalFax
it didn't work out, error code was 43 !?

I thought that this can be a problem of TDM400P so I tried something else:
normalFax--->ISDN(NT)---->ISDN(NT)--->ISDN(HFC-S)---->Asterisk(RxFax)
- the same problem with code 41.

Can anybody give me any hint, where shoud I look for the solution ?
I suppose that there is a solution.

Asterisk 1.0.4-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC3a
- so old because of that was the only debian package I could find that
supported bristuff and tx/rxfax...

I know, I have to build up the newest package with all necessary tools,
however - is my problem connected to a version of asterisk/bristuff or maybe
something else ?

Regards,
Marcin