[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP500 with Video

Sean Cook scook at kinex.net
Tue May 31 06:26:18 MST 2005

I just ran into an interesting problem.  I have a Polycom IP500 that up
until today has been rock solid.  We have started exploring video
conferencing and all of a sudden IP500 goes weird.  If I initiate a call
to any other sip device, it works fine.  But on an incoming call I get
no sound.

If I remove videosupport=yes from sip.conf everything starts working
again.  Of the phones that I have, the polycom seems to be the only
phone affected by this.

Has anyone run into this before?

Sean