[Asterisk-Users] Tools for effectively manage Asterisk

Francesco Pellegrini asterisk at frameweb.it
Tue May 31 09:32:59 MST 2005

I understand and share your thoughts about the big appeal that a single
black box has for SMB.
Our current approach is slightly different because our target (for now) is
represented by a number of customers with complex networking
infrastructures and the need for running VOIP for business critical
operations integrated with legacy PBXs (mostly Alcatel and Siemens),
support for hundreds of users, need for high availability and for all
those "architectural" stuff that are not so important in a soho scenario.

Francesco

Dustin Wildes <asterisk-users at vecsector.com>
Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
31/05/2005 16.46
Please respond to
dustin at vecsector.com; Please respond to
Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Asterisk-Users] Tools for effectively manage Asterisk

Dan Perik wrote:
Dustin Wildes wrote:

I feel there is nothing wrong with having a web-based configuration
utility, if set up correctly. Look at the WRT54G Linksys router, plus
other countless devices that use an embedded browser for configurations.

Just a nitpick, if I may. They have embedded http servers, not
browsers.  But I'm sure that's what you meant.

Yes - you're right, I was in a hurry.  :-)

Having said that, I agree that putting streamlined apache/php on an *
box isn't going to cause grief.  Heck, I'm breaking lots of rules, and
haven't running into problems (yet).  I run _everything_ on my Athlon
3000+/1GB Gentoo machine.  Apache, postfix, named, mysql, courier-imap,
firebird / avg tcp server, nagios, samba, X/Gnome, and vncserver/Gnome!
I even (gasp) play some games on it.  I'm sure that slows down some of
the server functions, but I haven't noticed any problems (yet).  I'm
hoping to get my own dedicated server box soon to offload all the
non-client stuff, but until then, it all goes on this one machine.  Yes,
this is a home setup, but with ties to work functions.

- Dan

These are the same needs a majority of the businesses we have ran into -
consolidation of services.  And it's only a matter of time before more &
more companies will offer an all-in-one small business product to handle
most/all of their business communications.   So you need to have the
hardware to handle the features, and well designed software to be
efficient.  :-)

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: