[Asterisk-Users] UPS rating for SOHO asterisk box

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue May 31 07:56:28 MST 2005

So it DOES work... I've always been wondering about that whenever I
replaced batteries.  Brilliant!

>From personal experience during a recent power-outtage, make SURE that
your UPS isn't configured to shut down after x minutes.  I have my * box
on a 1000VA UPS that's also supplying my router, hub, a sipura and a
cordless phone base.  Power went out one day, but of course, one
(cordless) phone remained available... For about 15 minutes -- then the
UPS shut down, not because of low battery, but because it was configured
to supply only for 15 minutes.

Car batteries are cheap :)