[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with another Asterisk

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Tue May 31 06:47:36 MST 2005

Has anyone seen a situation where, upon connecting two asterisk servers
together with IAX registration, outgoing/incoming calls that route through
both servers are choppy and jittery?  I don't have this problem when I call
out to teliax (my ITSP) directly, but if I try to make the call through the
'remote' asterisk server downtown, it gets bad.  If I register my SIP phone
here at home to the server downtown directly and make the call, the problem
goes away again!  CPU load is low, and the cable internet pipe is free and
wide open with no appreciable latency.  I've tried every jitterbuffer config
I could think of.

Any suggestions on where to find some probable causes?

Chris