[Asterisk-Users] Automatic Codec change for different communication channels!?

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:19:02 MST 2005

This is off the top of my head - never tested

For the end user device (ie polycom in your case) your sip settings
would be something like

[5000]
username=5000
<<SNIP>>
deny=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=G729

which would give you both

Then if you in the Trunk set the following

[Trunkroute]
username=asterisk2
<<SNIP>>
deny=all
allow=G729

Actually thinking some more, this might not work, as your asterisk box
may transcode it, although it might not - but even if my logic is
flawed here, it might inspire?

David