[Asterisk-Users] UPS rating for SOHO asterisk box

TinKoon tinkoon at lga.net.sg
Tue May 31 01:37:53 MST 2005

Hi,

Let me try to answer this one.

Assuming your P3-800 is using a 300watt power supply, then in a full
load condition, convert to VA, it will be 300/0.6=500VA. So, it is
greater than your small 400VA box. So, you need a bigger ups. Of course,
if your power usage is actually much lower than 300watt which in most
cases it is, then your 400va box may be ok, but then you are taking a risk.

Another thing to consider regarding the ups is the runtime, depending on
the hours and minutes you want the ups to supply power to your asterisk
box, you may need to add more batteries to the ups.

cheers