[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan structure

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Mon May 30 21:51:27 MST 2005

Starting with Asterisk makes fun, ... and soon you have a huge dialplan.

How are you going to organize it so that it is easy to maintain? It
comes even more complicated when you put the dialplan into Realtime, ...
and that is my goal now, to prepare the dialplan for realtime optimized
and for maintaining optimized.

I found that I had several times the same include in different contents,
which include others (which include the other one again), ...

Basically we have Jump in point and than we have Features. Some features
are not allowed for each caller (jump in points)

A spread sheet with (jump in) x (feature) comes into my mind.

What is your experience?

bye

Ronald