[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Soekris

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Mon May 30 17:01:24 MST 2005

Dustin Wildes a écrit :
>> 3) Cases.  Have you been able to find a reasonably priced case for
>> mini-itx that doesn't look like some cheap home theater appliance?  I
>> haven't.  One thing often looked for (especially in the embedded
>> space) is for the device to look like an appliance.  People are much
>> less likely to mess with something when they don't know what it is.
>> With a mini-itx case with upfront firewire and line-out, my 14 year
>> old cousin would have his fingers in that case in a minute!
>>

> You are right here, and they are not many good cases to choose from ---
> YET!  :-)
> My company has already submitted plans to a few machineshops to build
> some prototype ITX cases as we speak.  We just sent them in last week,
> so it'll be a few weeks.
> If anyone has an suggestions on the case style or anything they
> would/wouldn't like to see on a mini-ITX case, please speak now before
> we hit full production.  We will be selling them to everyone, so if
> there is something you've been wanting in a mini-ITX, email me ASAP so
> we can look at possibly adding it to our prototype.

I've been looking for such a case myself, and the closest I could find
was the EM141 from http://www.emko.cz/emko_en/index.html. I didn't buy
any yet so I cannot speak about the quality, but AC or DC power supply
is included, it has one PCI slot (I whish it had two), it doesn't look
like a PC, and the price is right.
This look interesting too: http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/datasheet_pac.html

Jean-Denis