[Asterisk-Users] Peer to Peer calls

Obaid Siddiqui obaid at prizmcom.com
Mon May 30 11:56:08 MST 2005

If I have both clients and Asterisk in the same nat, it is working fine with
internal addressing.

When using outside IP with appropriate ports open(5060,10000-2000), with
following call flow,

X-Lite->asterisk < -- nat-- -> as5400->pstn
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

with this setting RTP's should be between ata186 and astersik over nat.

I can see bi-directional RTP streams in Ethereal ( *asterisk<->x-lite* ),
very few of them from Asterisk to X-Lite, resulting one-way audio, and the
call is disconnected abruptly after that.

I have setup g711, on X-Lite and SIP.conf, but still it is negotiating "gsm"
with AS5400.
Eventually I wan to use clients on different nats, to work with Asterisk on
different nat.

Is this a codec issue, or asterisk problem or nat? can some body help,
probably I need proxy.

Obaid Siddiqui.
Network Engineer,
Prizm Communications, LP