[Asterisk-Users] Urgent Help neededt!! Asterisk 1.0.7 CPU at 99%

Andres Maduro andres at iconos.com.ve
Mon May 30 11:13:56 MST 2005

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 1.0.7 that comes with Asterisk at Home 1.0 ISO.  I have installed chan_unicall.c and MFCR2 support with latest Steve Underwood code unicall-0.0.2pre2 (yes this is the latest version, not 0.0.2pre19!!)

Asterisk process is keeping the cpu at 99% most of the time.

I have two Digium cards and all of them have their unique IRQ, so there is no irq conflict.

[root at asterisk1 asterisk]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     381697          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:          1          XT-PIC  serial
  7:    3773994          XT-PIC  wctdm
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:     230543          XT-PIC  eth0
 12:    3780190          XT-PIC  wcte11xp
 14:      19066          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

When I make 1 call, some times the CPU spikes to 90% but I did not realize this until there are 2, 3 or more calls at the same time, the cpu keeps at 99% with audio being scrambled and unintelligible.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this system entered production today and the customer is getting upset.

Kind regards.
              Andres.