[Asterisk-Users] MGCP and missing digit map

Bruce Whitby bwhitby at whitmar.com.au
Mon May 30 05:38:39 MST 2005

 Hi all,
I'm trying to setup an MGCP connection between my asterisk and a third party pbx system. I have very little control over the external pbx.
The calls are failing with the following asterisk error: "notice chan_mgcp.c 2347 handle_repsonse: Terminating on result 519 from aaln/2 at 01-20-12"

Searching the net shows that the "result 519" relates to a digit map. It seems the pbx is requesting a digit map from Asterisk and failing because it is not getting one.

Does asterisk/mgcp support this digit map feature? If it does what are the config settings?

If asterisk does not support this feature what changes should I be asking the pbx support person to make to his system?

I'm running fedora core 1 and  Asterisk CVS-D2004.12.21.13.00

thanks in advance

bruce