[Asterisk-Users] Errors Compiling chan_capi 0.3.5

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sun May 29 23:21:02 MST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Mike Price wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 23:21, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 May 2005, Mike Price wrote:
> > > Yes libcapi is installed. Here is a sample of the errors I am getting:
> > >
> > > In file included from chan_capi.c:38:
> > > chan_capi_pvt.h:92: syntax error before "_cword"
> > > chan_capi_pvt.h:92: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
> > > chan_capi_pvt.h:195: syntax error before '}' token
> > > chan_capi.c:41: syntax error before "ast_capi_MessageNumber"
> >
> > It looks like _cword is not defined. The definition is made in
> > /usr/include/capiutils.h, do you have this file (should be installed by
> > the libcapi/capi20 package) ?
> > On what system do you compiling (SuSE, Debian, ... or even Cross) ?
> >
> OK. I found I was missing isdn4k-utils-devel-3.1-76 and therefore
> capiutils.h etc.
>
> Now when I try to complie I get:
>
> chan_capi.c:114: variable `capi_tech' has initializer but incomplete
> type
> chan_capi.c:115: unknown field `type' specified in initializer
> chan_capi.c:115: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
> chan_capi.c:115: warning: (near initialization for `capi_tech')
>
> So things are still not quite right.
>
> The system is Asterisk at Home v1.0 (CentOS 3.4 final)
>
> Any other pointers?

It seems the setting in the Makefile of chan_capi about using CVS_HEAD is
not correct. I don't know which version Asterisk at Home v1.0 is using, but try
to change that setting.
Anyway, the CVS_HEAD/UNSTABLE_CVS defines in chan_capi is not really good. I
changed that to have a small configure script, which makes the correct
settings depending the Asterisk version it is compiled against. I will soon
release my version of a reworked chan_capi.

Armin