[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Website Update: Asterisk Business Edition

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun May 29 19:06:02 MST 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 20:59, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> 1) Simply CVS head (as of some point in time) with certain features or
>    bug fixes "backed out"
>
> 2) In addition to CVS head, some important features and bug fixes.

I think it's simply #2.  They are taking HEAD and maintaining a version where
they are extraordinarily careful about what goes in.  Similar to what
"stable" was supposed to be.

> In either case, since they are committed to the open source model, are
> they willing to tell us what features/bug fixes in CVS are considered an
> increased liability and risk, or what important features and bug fixes
> they've applied on top of CVS?  This could help those of us trying to
> build stable, robust, asterisk-based solutions promote asterisk as a
> stable, robust, low-risk platform.

I fail to see why that's necessary.  They're simply doing what anyone deciding
not to run HEAD or "stable" should be doing.

> Seems to be a bit of double-talk going on here...

Howso?

-A.

BTW I am *not* trashing drumkilla (the stable maintainer) -- it's just that
stable is feature-stable, not necessarily bugfree.