[Asterisk-Users] Remote Voicemail Notifier / enter Dialplan onSIPRegister

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:03:42 MST 2005

> There is a patch on Mantis (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4371)

Can somehow who got it to work help me out? Patches applied against
CVS-HEAD from 5/28, compiles and runs fine. It seems to do "something"
as well as I see messages like:

ERROR[22276] app_voicemail.c: Can't start the voicemail server init thread!

The above error probably isn't a good sign, but anyway...

I have two servers, both on public, static IPs. Voicemail lives on
"vmsrv" and SIP clients register to "regsrv":

vmsrv:
=======

iax.conf:
[regsrv]
host=HOSTNAME
type=friend
context=extensions
username=regsrv
secret=SECRET
trunk=yes

[vmsrv]
host=HOSTNAME
type=friend
context=extensions
username=vmsrv
secret=SECRET
trunk=yes

voicemail.conf:
[general]
voicemail_server=vmsrv

[mailboxes]
11:regsrv => 5555,Name,email

extensions.conf:
[extensions]
exten => _XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},15)
exten => _XX,2,VoiceMail(u${EXTEN})

regsrv:
=======

iax.conf entries as above.

sip.conf:
[peername]
mailbox=1234:mailboxes at vmsrv
context=extensions

voicemail.conf:
[mailboxes]
11:vmsrv => 5555,Name,email

extensions.conf:
[extensions]
exten => _XX,1,Dial(IAX2/regsrv at vmsrv/${EXTEN}@extensions)

When I dial 11 from a SIP client registered with regsrv, the calls
reaches vmsrv, however, it responds with:

app_voicemail.c:2317 leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file for '11'

And indeed, there is no mailbox 11; it's called 11:regsrv (per show
voicemail users). If I change it to just 11 (no :regsrv) it works, but
no notification occurs. If I leave the entry in voicemail.conf as is
and change by statement in extensions.conf to
VoiceMail(u${EXTEN}:regsrv) it also works, and some notification is
being attempted but...

WARNING[15447]: chan_iax2.c:3019 iax2_new_callno: Can't find peername
'mailboxes' ...
WARNING[15447]: chan_iax2.c:3031 iax2_vm_request_messagecount: The
mailbox or IAX peername is invalid.

OK, so I change the extensions.conf statement to
VoiceMail(u${EXTEN}:regsrv at mailboxes) and no more warnings/errors...
but no notification either. "show voicemail users" on vmsrv shows the
mailbox has several new messages, but regsrv doesn't know anything
about them. I can obviously call the vmsrv from regsrv and enter voice
mail to retrieve the messages, but the SIP client is not being
notified of new messages at all currently.

So, where am I screwing up? It's got to be something simple... no?
Thanks for your help.

--Luki