[Asterisk-Users] Wacko Distinctive Ring Patterns being detected??

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:03:29 MST 2005

On 5/29/05, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 06:34:23AM +1000, Gonzalo Servat wrote:
[snip]
> > If Asterisk allowed me to configure up to 10 ringing patterns, I could
> > probably cover most of the ringing patterns being detected, but
> > unfortunately there is a limit of 3 which means 50% (or more) of the
> > calls are coming in under a distinctive ring pattern not configured in
> > Asterisk, and hence going to the default context.
>
> Is there any deeper reason for that limitation, other than "it didn't
> bother anybody enough"?

I wonder that myself, but I have no idea why the limit is imposed. Any
Asterisk developers willing to answer that for us?

> > Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas/etc on how to resolve this issue?
>
> Could you post here some ring patterns you get? A distinctive ring can
> identify a pattern that is "similar" enough to an existing pattern.

You're right, some that were not defined were close enough to the
ringing pattern and did match, but even with 3 popular distinctive
rings defined there were still calls that were coming up with a new
distinctive ring pattern and not getting matched by the defined dring
patterns.

Some of the ones I frequently saw were:

334,147,0
383,195,0
334,0,0
336,348,0
334,146,0

All the above patterns are for the same distinctive ring number.

Regards,
Gonzalo