[Asterisk-Users] Polycom phones, UNREACHABLE

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Sun May 29 03:57:39 MST 2005

Michael George wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 11:10:30AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
>>qualify = yes is what is causing the messages.  You can assign a value
>>rather than yes.  like 1000 or something or you can remove the qualify
>>statement alltogether.  The message is just a warning.  Eliminating the
>>warning does not eliminate the lag problem.
>

> That's what I thought, that qualify=yes is only indicating the problem, but
> that the unreachability problem still exists.
>
> In a way, I like the warning because it tells me how often this happens.  The
> bigger problem is *why* are the phones becoming unreachable?

I think the updating of the logs on the ftp server has something to do
with it, but it still seems to occur even after tweaking the config.

I had this problem since day one with these phones, and I fiddled with
some of the settings in the config (against the manuals advice) and I
got it to -almost- stop, but I've since upgraded firmware/bootroms and
forgot that I modified that and lost the config - haven't had time to
redo the config.

Did you check your ftp logs to see how often the phones are ftp'ing out?

Matt