[Asterisk-Users] Switch from NBX to Asterisk

Adam Vocks Adam.Vocks at cticomputers.com
Fri May 27 13:37:50 MST 2005

We've been talking about moving from our NBX100 to an asterisk solution
for some time now.

Well, to make a long story short, the call processor on our NBX has went
south.  We are now forced to purchase a new call processor >$500 or move
our solution to asterisk.  (Which is up and running and have been tested
with Grandstream Adapters.)

My question:  Is there anyone out there that have moved from NBX to
Asterisk, and what are the differences for your users, hold,
transferring calls, etc.  Also, what features will we loose, if any.
And do you recommend analog phones with sip adapters (Which we already
have.) or making an investment in IP phones?

Our setup:

NBX had 4 analog lines coming into it with 14 phones.

Asterisk is set up running 1.0.7 with a PRI and 100 DID numbers.  We
have 20 or so Handytone 286 Adapters as well.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Adam