[Asterisk-Users] Wacko Distinctive Ring Patterns being detected??

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:34:23 MST 2005

Hi All,

I've recently got a "second" number installed on my PSTN line,
trusting the Asterisk distinctive ring detection would work as
expected. It appeared to work fine at the start, as the second number
generated a different ring pattern to 0,0,0 (in the console) only to
realise that almost every phone call to this "second" number generated
a different ring pattern. Sometimes it might detect the same 2
patterns, but this is a rare case.
If Asterisk allowed me to configure up to 10 ringing patterns, I could
probably cover most of the ringing patterns being detected, but
unfortunately there is a limit of 3 which means 50% (or more) of the
calls are coming in under a distinctive ring pattern not configured in
Asterisk, and hence going to the default context.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas/etc on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance guys.
Gonzalo