[Asterisk-Users] Dropping frame of G.729 since we already have a VAD frame at the end

Jean-Christophe Heger jcheger at acytec.com
Fri May 27 10:42:02 MST 2005

I've got the same issue with a Swissvoice IP10S SIP phone. I couldn't
find much information with this issue, but it seems to appear because
Asterisk does not support variable length for g.729 (don't ask me what
it really means). Anyway, it is recommanded to disable the silence
suppression, which seems related  to this issue. Unfortunately, it
didn't work for me. But after setting the phone to canreinvite=no in the
sip.conf,  the connection worked allright. Don't ask me why.

Jean-Christophe